Synonyms for prolonged
- 1. prolong, protract, extend, draw out, lengthen
- usage: lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer; "We prolonged our stay"; "She extended her visit by another day"; "The meeting was drawn out until midnight"
- 2. prolong, sustain, keep up, continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve
- usage: lengthen or extend in duration or space; "We sustained the diplomatic negotiations as long as possible"; "prolong the treatment of the patient"; "keep up the good work"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. drawn-out, extended, lengthy, prolonged, protracted, long (vs. short)
- usage: relatively long in duration; tediously protracted; "a drawn-out argument"; "an extended discussion"; "a lengthy visit from her mother-in-law"; "a prolonged and bitter struggle"; "protracted negotiations"
- 2. elongated, extended, lengthened, prolonged, long (vs. short)
- usage: drawn out or made longer spatially; "Picasso's elongated Don Quixote"; "lengthened skirts are fashionable this year"; "the extended airport runways can accommodate larger planes"; "a prolonged black line across the page"