Synonyms for proofed
- 1. proof, produce, make, create
- usage: make or take a proof of, such as a photographic negative, an etching, or typeset
- 2. proof, knead, work
- usage: knead to reach proper lightness; "proof dough"
- 3. proofread, proof, see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure
- usage: read for errors; "I should proofread my manuscripts"
- 4. proof, change, alter, modify
- usage: activate by mixing with water and sometimes sugar or milk; "proof yeast"
- 5. proof, strengthen
- usage: make resistant (to harm); "proof the materials against shrinking in the dryer"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. proofed, treated (vs. untreated)
- usage: treated so as to become resistant; "rust-proofed automobiles"; "shrink-proofed fabrics"