Synonyms for propelling
- 1. propel, impel, move, displace
- usage: cause to move forward with force; "Steam propels this ship"
- 2. motivate, actuate, propel, move, prompt, incite, cause, do, make
- usage: give an incentive for action; "This moved me to sacrifice my career"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. propellant, propellent, propelling, propulsive, dynamic (vs. undynamic), dynamical
- usage: tending to or capable of propelling; "propellant fuel for submarines"; "the faster a jet plane goes the greater its propulsive efficiency"; "universities...the seats of propulsive thought"