Synonyms for prosecution
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. prosecution, criminal prosecution, legal action, action, action at law
- usage: the institution and conduct of legal proceedings against a defendant for criminal behavior
- 2. prosecution, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: the lawyers acting for the state to put the case against the defendant
- 3. pursuance, prosecution, continuance, continuation
- usage: the continuance of something begun with a view to its completion