Synonyms for protest
- 1. protest, protestation, objection
- usage: a formal and solemn declaration of objection; "they finished the game under protest to the league president"; "the senator rose to register his protest"; "the many protestations did not stay the execution"
- 2. protest, objection, dissent, resistance
- usage: the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
- 3. protest, objection
- usage: the act of making a strong public expression of disagreement and disapproval; "he shouted his protests at the umpire"; "a shower of protest was heard from the rear of the hall"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. protest, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: utter words of protest
- 2. protest, resist, dissent, oppose, controvert, contradict
- usage: express opposition through action or words; "dissent to the laws of the country"
- 3. protest, affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear
- usage: affirm or avow formally or solemnly; "The suspect protested his innocence"