Synonyms for proven
- 1. prove, turn out, turn up, be
- usage: be shown or be found to be; "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
- 2. prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew, confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
- 3. testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show, inform
- usage: provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
- 4. prove, prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew
- usage: prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof
- 5. test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
- 6. rise, prove, grow
- usage: increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
- 7. raise, leaven, prove, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread"
- 8. prove, print, impress
- usage: take a trial impression of
- 9. prove, authenticate
- usage: obtain probate of; "prove a will"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. proved (vs. unproved), proven, established, evidenced, tested, tried, well-tried, verified
- usage: established beyond doubt; "a proven liar"; "a Soviet leader of proven shrewdness"