Synonyms for puff-up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. puff up, inflate, blow up, expand, amplify
- usage: make larger or distend; "The estimates were puffed up"
- 2. puff, puff up, blow up, puff out, swell, swell up, intumesce, tumefy, tumesce
- usage: to swell or cause to enlarge, "Her faced puffed up from the drugs"; "puffed out chests"
- 3. swell, puff up, act, behave, do
- usage: become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger; "The mother was swelling with importance when she spoke of her son"
- 4. puff, puff up, praise
- usage: praise extravagantly; "The critics puffed up this Broadway production"