Synonyms for pull-off
- 1. pull-off, rest area, rest stop, layby, lay-by, area
- usage: designated paved area beside a main road where cars can stop temporarily
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. pluck, tweak, pull off, pick off, pull, draw, force
- usage: pull or pull out sharply; "pluck the flowers off the bush"
- 2. pull off, remove
- usage: cause to withdraw; "We pulled this firm off the project because they overcharged"
- 3. pull off, negociate, bring off, carry off, manage, succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- usage: be successful; achieve a goal; "She succeeded in persuading us all"; "I managed to carry the box upstairs"; "She pulled it off, even though we never thought her capable of it"; "The pianist negociated the difficult runs"
- 4. draw off, draw away, pull off, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove by drawing or pulling; "She placed the tray down and drew off the cloth"; "draw away the cloth that is covering the cheese"