Synonyms for pull-out
- 1. disengagement, fallback, pullout, retreat
- usage: to break off a military action with an enemy
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. pull out, get out, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: move out or away; "The troops pulled out after the cease-fire"
- 2. draw, pull, pull out, get out, take out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover; "draw a weapon"; "pull out a gun"; "The mugger pulled a knife on his victim"
- 3. extract, pull out, pull, pull up, take out, draw out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense; "pull weeds"; "extract a bad tooth"; "take out a splinter"; "extract information from the telegram"
- 4. chicken out, back off, pull out, back down, bow out, retire, withdraw
- usage: remove oneself from an obligation; "He bowed out when he heard how much work was involved"