Synonyms for pulsation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. pulsation, pulsing, pulse, impulse, wave, undulation
- usage: (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients); "the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star"
- 2. pulsation, phenomenon
- usage: a periodically recurring phenomenon that alternately increases and decreases some quantity
- 3. pulse, pulsation, heartbeat, beat, periodic event, recurrent event
- usage: the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart; "he could feel the beat of her heart"