Synonyms for pupil
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. student, pupil, educatee, enrollee
- usage: a learner who is enrolled in an educational institution
- 2. pupil, aperture
- usage: the contractile aperture in the center of the iris of the eye; resembles a large black dot
- 3. schoolchild, school-age child, pupil, young person, youth, younker, spring chicken
- usage: a young person attending school (up through senior high school)
See also: pupil (Dictionary)