Synonyms for purgation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. catharsis, katharsis, purgation, purge, purging
- usage: purging the body by the use of a cathartic to stimulate evacuation of the bowels
- 2. purification, purgation, ceremony
- usage: a ceremonial cleansing from defilement or uncleanness by the performance of appropriate rites
- 3. purge, purging, purgation, clearing
- usage: the act of clearing yourself (or another) from some stigma or charge