Synonyms for purification
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. purification, cleaning, cleansing, cleanup
- usage: the act of cleaning by getting rid of impurities
- 2. refining, refinement, purification, processing
- usage: the process of removing impurities (as from oil or metals or sugar etc.)
- 3. purification, purgation, ceremony
- usage: a ceremonial cleansing from defilement or uncleanness by the performance of appropriate rites
- 4. purification, purge, purging, purgation
- usage: the act of purging of sin or guilt; moral or spiritual cleansing; "purification through repentance"