Synonyms for put-away
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. lock in, lock away, lock, put away, shut up, shut away, lock up, confine
- usage: place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape; "The parents locked her daughter up for the weekend"; "She locked her jewels in the safe"
- 2. discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away, get rid of, remove
- usage: throw or cast away; "Put away your worries"
- 3. imprison, incarcerate, lag, immure, put behind bars, jail, jug, gaol, put away, remand, confine, detain
- usage: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
- 4. put away, put aside
- usage: stop using; "the children were told to put away their toys"; "the students put away their notebooks"
- 5. put away, put to sleep, kill
- usage: kill gently, as with an injection; "the cat was very ill and we had to put it to sleep"
- 6. tuck in, tuck away, put away, eat up, finish, polish off
- usage: eat up; usually refers to a considerable quantity of food; "My son tucked in a whole pizza"
- 7. put away, put aside, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: turn away from and put aside, perhaps temporarily; "it's time for you to put away childish things"