Synonyms for put-forward
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. submit, state, put forward, posit, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: put before; "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
- 2. assert, put forward, behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry
- usage: insist on having one's opinions and rights recognized; "Women should assert themselves more!"
- 3. raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth, make, create
- usage: summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic; "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
- 4. nominate, put up, put forward, nominate, propose
- usage: propose as a candidate for some honor