Synonyms for puzzle
- 1. puzzle, puzzler, mystifier, teaser, problem
- usage: a particularly baffling problem that is said to have a correct solution; "he loved to solve chessmate puzzles"; "that's a real puzzler"
- 2. puzzle, game
- usage: a game that tests your ingenuity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 2. puzzle, chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate
- usage: be uncertain about; think about without fully understanding or being able to decide; "We puzzled over her sudden departure"