Synonyms for quantized
- 1. quantize, quantise, estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge
- usage: approximate (a signal varying continuously in amplitude) by one whose amplitude is restricted to a prescribed set of discrete values
- 2. quantize, quantise, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: apply quantum theory to; restrict the number of possible values of (a quantity) or states of (a physical entity or system) so that certain variables can assume only certain discrete magnitudes that are integral multiples of a common factor; "Quantize gravity"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. quantal, quantized
- usage: of or relating to a quantum or capable of existing in only one of two states