Synonyms for racing
- 1. racing, sport, athletics
- usage: the sport of engaging in contests of speed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- 2. race, run, compete, vie, contend
- usage: compete in a race; "he is running the Marathon this year"; "let's race and see who gets there first"
- 3. race, act, move
- usage: to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others; "We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- 4. race, rush, move, displace
- usage: cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"