Synonyms for raging
- 1. ramp, rage, storm, act, behave, do
- usage: behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
- 2. rage, be
- usage: be violent; as of fires and storms
- 3. rage
- usage: feel intense anger; "Rage against the dying of the light!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. hot, raging, violent (vs. nonviolent)
- usage: characterized by violent and forceful activity or movement; very intense; "the fighting became hot and heavy"; "a hot engagement"; "a raging battle"; "the river became a raging torrent"
- 2. raging, intense (vs. mild)
- usage: very severe; "a raging thirst"; "a raging toothache"
- 3. angry, furious, raging, tempestuous, wild, stormy (vs. calm)
- usage: (of the elements) as if showing violent anger; "angry clouds on the horizon"; "furious winds"; "the raging sea"