Synonyms for rallying
- 1. rallying, mobilization, mobilisation
- usage: the act of mobilizing for a common purpose; "the bell was a signal for the rallying of the whole neighborhood"
- 2. rally, rallying, feat, effort, exploit
- usage: the feat of mustering strength for a renewed effort; "he singled to start a rally in the 9th inning"; "he feared the rallying of their troops for a counterattack"
- 1. beat up, drum up, rally, collect, pull in
- usage: gather; "drum up support"
- 2. call up, mobilize, mobilise, rally, call, send for
- usage: call to arms; of military personnel
- 3. muster, rally, summon, come up, muster up, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather or bring together; "muster the courage to do something"; "she rallied her intellect"; "Summon all your courage"
- 4. rally, rebound, recover, go back, recuperate
- usage: return to a former condition; "The jilted lover soon rallied and found new friends"; "The stock market rallied"
- 5. tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride, mock, bemock
- usage: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rallying, encouraging (vs. discouraging)
- usage: rousing or recalling to unity and renewed effort; "a rallying cry"