Synonyms for ranger
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. Texas Ranger, Ranger, lawman, law officer, peace officer
- usage: a member of the Texas state highway patrol; formerly a mounted lawman who maintained order on the frontier
- 2. fire warden, forest fire fighter, ranger, official, functionary, fireman, firefighter, fire fighter, fire-eater
- usage: an official who is responsible for managing and protecting an area of forest
- 3. commando, ranger, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: a member of a military unit trained as shock troops for hit-and-run raids