Synonyms for ransacking
- 1. ransacking, rummage, search, hunt, hunting
- usage: a thorough search for something (often causing disorder or confusion); "he gave the attic a good rummage but couldn't find his skis"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. plunder, despoil, loot, reave, strip, rifle, ransack, pillage, foray, take
- usage: steal goods; take as spoils; "During the earthquake people looted the stores that were deserted by their owners"
- 2. comb, ransack, search
- usage: search thoroughly; "They combed the area for the missing child"