Synonyms for rationalisation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rationalization, rationalisation, defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense, defence
- usage: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your true motivation is concealed by explaining your actions and feelings in a way that is not threatening
- 2. rationalization, rationalisation, explanation
- usage: the cognitive process of making something seem consistent with or based on reason
- 3. rationalization, rationalisation, simplification
- usage: (mathematics) the simplification of an expression or equation by eliminating radicals without changing the value of the expression or the roots of the equation
- 4. rationalization, rationalisation, organization, organisation
- usage: the organization of a business according to scientific principles of management in order to increase efficiency
- 5. systematization, systematisation, rationalization, rationalisation, organization, organisation
- usage: systematic organization; the act of organizing something according to a system or a rationale