Synonyms for rattle
- 1. rattle, rattling, rale, noise
- usage: a rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders); "the death rattle"
- 2. rattle, plaything, toy
- usage: a baby's toy that makes percussive noises when shaken
- 3. rattle, tail
- usage: loosely connected horny sections at the end of a rattlesnake's tail
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rattle, sound, go
- usage: make short successive sounds
- 2. rattle, shake, agitate
- usage: shake and cause to make a rattling noise