Synonyms for ravaging
- 1. ravaging, devastation, plundering, pillage, pillaging
- usage: plundering with excessive damage and destruction
- 1. harry, ravage, destroy, ruin
- usage: make a pillaging or destructive raid on (a place), as in wartimes
- 2. lay waste to, waste, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge, destroy, ruin
- usage: cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ravaging, destructive (vs. constructive)
- usage: ruinously destructive and wasting; "a ravaging illness"