Synonyms for really
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. truly, genuinely, really
- usage: in accordance with truth or fact or reality; "she was now truly American"; "a genuinely open society"; "they don't really listen to us"
- 2. actually, really
- usage: in actual fact; "to be nominally but not actually independent"; "no one actually saw the shark"; "large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt"
- 3. in truth, really, truly
- usage: in fact (used as intensifiers or sentence modifiers); "in truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire"; "really, you shouldn't have done it"; "a truly awful book"
- 4. very, really, real, rattling
- usage: used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal; "she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I'm real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"