Synonyms for ream
- 1. ream, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: a large quantity of written matter; "he wrote reams and reams"
- 2. ream, definite quantity
- usage: a quantity of paper; 480 or 500 sheets; one ream equals 20 quires
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ream, press out, express, extract
- usage: squeeze the juice out (of a fruit) with a reamer; "ream oranges"
- 2. ream, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove by making a hole or by boring; "the dentist reamed out the debris in the course of the root canal treatment"
- 3. ream, enlarge
- usage: enlarge with a reamer; "ream a hole"
See also: ream (Dictionary)