Synonyms for rearing
- 1. raising, rearing, nurture, upbringing
- usage: the properties acquired as a consequence of the way you were treated as a child
- 2. breeding, bringing up, fostering, fosterage, nurture, raising, rearing, upbringing, socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation
- usage: helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
- 1. rear, rise up, straighten
- usage: stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds; "The horse reared in terror"
- 2. rear, raise, bring up, nurture, parent
- usage: bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
- 3. rise, lift, rear, look, appear, seem
- usage: rise up; "The building rose before them"
- 4. rear, erect, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: cause to rise up
- 5. raise, erect, rear, set up, put up, construct, build, make
- usage: construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rampant(postnominal), rearing, erect (vs. unerect), vertical, upright
- usage: rearing on left hind leg with forelegs elevated and head usually in profile; "a lion rampant"