Synonyms for receive
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. receive, have, get, acquire
- usage: get something; come into possession of; "receive payment"; "receive a gift"; "receive letters from the front"
- 2. receive, get, find, obtain, incur, change
- usage: receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
- 3. pick up, receive, perceive, comprehend
- usage: register (perceptual input); "pick up a signal"
- 4. experience, receive, have, get, undergo
- usage: go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
- 5. receive, take in, invite
- usage: express willingness to have in one's home or environs; "The community warmly received the refugees"
- 6. receive, accept
- usage: accept as true or valid; "He received Christ"
- 7. welcome, receive, greet, recognize, recognise
- usage: bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
- 8. receive, convert
- usage: convert into sounds or pictures; "receive the incoming radio signals"
- 9. meet, encounter, receive, have, experience
- usage: experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
- 10. receive, celebrate, fete
- usage: have or give a reception; "The lady is receiving Sunday morning"
- 11. get, receive
- usage: receive as a retribution or punishment; "He got 5 years in prison"
- 12. receive, partake, touch
- usage: partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament
- 13. receive, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: regard favorably or with disapproval; "Her new collection of poems was not well received"