Synonyms for recessed
- 1. recess, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put into a recess; "recess lights"
- 2. recess, indent
- usage: make a recess in; "recess the piece of wood"
- 3. adjourn, recess, break up, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: close at the end of a session; "The court adjourned"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. deep-set, sunken, recessed, hollow (vs. solid)
- usage: having a sunken area; "hunger gave their faces a sunken look"
- 2. recessed, concave (vs. convex)
- usage: resembling an alcove