Synonyms for reckoning
- 1. calculation, computation, figuring, reckoning, problem solving
- usage: problem solving that involves numbers or quantities
- 2. reckoning, tally, bill, account, invoice
- usage: a bill for an amount due
- 3. count, counting, numeration, enumeration, reckoning, tally, investigation, investigating
- usage: the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order; "the counting continued for several hours"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. think, opine, suppose, imagine, reckon, guess, expect, anticipate
- usage: expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- 2. calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: judge to be probable
- 3. see, consider, reckon, view, regard, think, believe, consider, conceive
- usage: deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
- 4. calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure, reason
- usage: make a mathematical calculation or computation
- 5. count, bet, depend, look, calculate, reckon, trust, swear, rely, bank
- usage: have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
- 6. reckon, count, estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge
- usage: take account of; "You have to reckon with our opponents"; "Count on the monsoon"