Synonyms for recompense
- 1. recompense, payment
- usage: payment or reward (as for service rendered)
- 2. recompense, compensation, correction, rectification
- usage: the act of compensating for service or loss or injury
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. compensate, recompense, repair, indemnify, pay
- usage: make amends for; pay compensation for; "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
- 2. compensate, recompense, remunerate, pay
- usage: make payment to; compensate; "My efforts were not remunerated"