Synonyms for recovering
- 1. recover, retrieve, find, regain, get, acquire
- usage: get or find back; recover the use of; "She regained control of herself"; "She found her voice and replied quickly"
- 2. recuperate, recover, convalesce, better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: get over an illness or shock; "The patient is recuperating"
- 3. recover, go back, recuperate, revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back
- usage: regain a former condition after a financial loss; "We expect the stocks to recover to $2.90"; "The company managed to recuperate"
- 4. recover, recoup, recuperate, get, acquire
- usage: regain or make up for; "recuperate one's losses"
- 5. reclaim, recover, recycle, reprocess, reuse
- usage: reuse (materials from waste products)
- 6. recover, cover
- usage: cover anew; "recover a chair"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. convalescent, recovering, ill (vs. well), sick
- usage: returning to health after illness or debility; "convalescent children are difficult to keep in bed"