Synonyms for recusant
- 1. nonconformist, recusant, dissenter, dissident, protester, objector, contestant
- usage: someone who refuses to conform to established standards of conduct
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dissentient, recusant, unorthodox (vs. orthodox)
- usage: (of Catholics) refusing to attend services of the Church of England
- 2. recusant, disobedient (vs. obedient)
- usage: refusing to submit to authority; "the recusant electors...cooperated in electing a new Senate"- Mary W.Williams