Synonyms for red-sandalwood
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ruby wood, red sandalwood, wood
- usage: hard durable wood of red sandalwood trees (Pterocarpus santalinus); prized for cabinetwork
- 2. red sandalwood, red sanders, red sanderswood, red saunders, Pterocarpus santalinus, tree
- usage: tree of India and East Indies yielding a hard fragrant timber prized for cabinetwork and dark red heartwood used as a dyewood
- 3. coralwood, coral-wood, red sandalwood, Barbados pride, peacock flower fence, Adenanthera pavonina, tree
- usage: East Indian tree with racemes of yellow-white flowers; cultivated as an ornamental