Synonyms for regard
- 1. respect, regard, detail, item, point
- usage: (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
- 2. attentiveness, heed, regard, paying attention, attention, attending
- usage: paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people); "his attentiveness to her wishes"; "he spends without heed to the consequences"
- 3. regard, wish, compliments, greeting, salutation
- usage: (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare; "give him my kind regards"; "my best wishes"
- 4. gaze, regard, stare
- usage: a long fixed look; "he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
- 5. esteem, regard, respect, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
- 6. regard, respect, affection, affectionateness, fondness, tenderness, heart, warmness, warmheartedness, philia
- usage: a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love"; "he inspires respect"
- 7. respect, esteem, regard, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. see, consider, reckon, view, regard, think, believe, consider, conceive
- usage: deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
- 2. regard, consider, look
- usage: look at attentively
- 3. involve, affect, regard, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"