Synonyms for regenerate
- 1. regenerate, renew, re-create
- usage: reestablish on a new, usually improved, basis or make new or like new; "We renewed our friendship after a hiatus of twenty years"; "They renewed their membership"
- 2. regenerate, increase
- usage: amplify (an electron current) by causing part of the power in the output circuit to act upon the input circuit
- 3. reform, reclaim, regenerate, rectify, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one; "The Church reformed me"; "reform your conduct"
- 4. regenerate, restore, rejuvenate, regenerate, renew
- usage: return to life; get or give new life or energy; "The week at the spa restored me"
- 5. regenerate, re-create
- usage: replace (tissue or a body part) through the formation of new tissue; "The snake regenerated its tail"
- 6. regenerate, form, take form, take shape, spring
- usage: be formed or shaped anew
- 7. regenerate, make, create
- usage: form or produce anew; "regenerate hatred"
- 8. regenerate, change
- usage: undergo regeneration
- 9. regenerate, revitalize, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: restore strength; "This food revitalized the patient"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. regenerate (vs. unregenerate), born-again, converted, reborn, reformed, saved
- usage: reformed spiritually or morally; "a regenerate sinner"; "regenerate by redemption from error or decay"