Synonyms for regular
- 1. regular, habitue, fixture, patron, frequenter
- usage: a regular patron; "an habitue of the racetrack"; "a bum who is a Central Park fixture"
- 2. regular, soldier
- usage: a soldier in the regular army
- 3. regular, follower
- usage: a dependable follower (especially in party politics); "he is one of the party regulars"
- 4. regular, size
- usage: a garment size for persons of average height and weight
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. regular (vs. irregular), first-string, lawful, rule-governed, official, prescribed, standard, stock, timed, uniform, weak, well-ordered, rhythmical#1, rhythmic, symmetrical#1, symmetric, systematic
- usage: in accordance with fixed order or procedure or principle; "his regular calls on his customers"; "regular meals"; "regular duties"
- 2. regular(prenominal), veritable(prenominal), typical (vs. atypical)
- usage: often used as intensifiers; "a regular morass of details"; "a regular nincompoop"; "he's a veritable swine"
- 3. regular, standard (vs. nonstandard)
- usage: conforming to a standard or pattern; "following the regular procedure of the legislature"; "a regular electrical outlet"
- 4. regular, scheduled (vs. unscheduled)
- usage: regularly scheduled for fixed times; "at a regular meeting of the PTA"; "regular bus departures"
- 5. regular, usual (vs. unusual)
- usage: in accord with regular practice or procedure; "took his regular morning walk"; "her regular bedtime"
- 6. even, regular, steady (vs. unsteady)
- usage: occurring at fixed intervals; "a regular beat"; "the even rhythm of his breathing"
- 7. regular, steady, frequent (vs. infrequent)
- usage: relating to a person who does something regularly; "a regular customer"; "a steady drinker"
- 8. regular (vs. irregular), standing
- usage: (used of the military) belonging to or engaged in by legitimate army forces; "the regular army"
- 9. regular (vs. irregular)
- usage: (of solids) having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume can be determined with a suitable geometric formula
- 10. unconstipated (vs. constipated), regular, diarrheal, diarrhoeal, diarrhetic, diarrhoetic, diarrheic, diarrhoeic, lax, loose
- usage: not constipated
- 11. even, regular, symmetrical (vs. asymmetrical), symmetric
- usage: symmetrically arranged; "even features"; "regular features"; "a regular polygon"
- 12. regular, normal (vs. abnormal)
- usage: not deviating from what is normal; "her regular bedtime"
- 13. regular, full-time (vs. part-time)
- usage: officially full-time; "regular students"