Synonyms for rein-in
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rein, rein in, stop, halt
- usage: stop or slow up one's horse or oneself by or as if by pulling the reins; "They reined in in front of the post office"
- 2. harness, rein in, draw rein, rein, control, command
- usage: control and direct with or as if by reins; "rein a horse"
- 3. rein, rein in, stop
- usage: stop or check by or as if by a pull at the reins; "He reined in his horses in front of the post office"