Synonyms for reinforcement
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. support, reinforcement, reenforcement, operation, military operation
- usage: a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission; "they called for artillery support"
- 2. reinforcement, reenforcement, confirmation
- usage: information that makes more forcible or convincing; "his gestures provided eloquent reinforcement for his complaints"
- 3. reinforcing stimulus, reinforcer, reinforcement, stimulation, stimulus, stimulant, input
- usage: (psychology) a stimulus that strengthens or weakens the behavior that produced it
- 4. strengthener, reinforcement, device
- usage: a device designed to provide additional strength; "the cardboard backing was just a strengthener"; "he used gummed reinforcements to hold the page in his notebook"
- 5. reward, reinforcement, blessing, approval, approving
- usage: an act performed to strengthen approved behavior