Synonyms for rejected
- 1. reject, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: refuse to accept or acknowledge; "I reject the idea of starting a war"; "The journal rejected the student's paper"
- 2. refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline
- usage: refuse to accept; "He refused my offer of hospitality"
- 3. disapprove, reject, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: deem wrong or inappropriate; "I disapprove of her child rearing methods"
- 4. reject, spurn, freeze off, scorn, pooh-pooh, disdain, turn down, refuse, decline
- usage: reject with contempt; "She spurned his advances"
- 5. resist, reject, refuse, react, respond
- usage: resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ; "His body rejected the liver of the donor"
- 6. reject, turn down, turn away, refuse
- usage: refuse entrance or membership; "They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
- 7. rule out, eliminate, winnow out, reject
- usage: dismiss from consideration or a contest; "John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. jilted, rejected, spurned, unloved (vs. loved)
- usage: rebuffed (by a lover) without warning; "jilted at the altar"