Synonyms for relaxing
- 1. relax, loosen up, unbend, unwind, decompress, slow down, change state, turn
- usage: become less tense, rest, or take one's ease; "He relaxed in the hot tub"; "Let's all relax after a hard day's work"
- 2. relax, unbend, loosen, loose
- usage: make less taut; "relax the tension on the rope"
- 3. loosen, relax, loose, weaken
- usage: become loose or looser or less tight; "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"
- 4. relax, unstrain, unlax, loosen up, unwind, make relaxed, affect
- usage: cause to feel relaxed; "A hot bath always relaxes me"
- 5. relax, loosen up, act, behave, do
- usage: become less tense, less formal, or less restrained, and assume a friendlier manner; "our new colleague relaxed when he saw that we were a friendly group"
- 6. relax, loosen, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less severe or strict; "The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught"
- 7. relax, loosen, change
- usage: become less severe or strict; "The rules relaxed after the new director arrived"
- 8. slack, slacken, slack up, relax, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: make less active or fast; "He slackened his pace as he got tired"; "Don't relax your efforts now"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. restful (vs. restless), reposeful, relaxing, slumberous, slumbrous
- usage: affording physical or mental rest; "she spent a restful night at home"