Synonyms for relegation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. delegating, delegation, relegating, relegation, deputation, authorization, authorisation, empowerment
- usage: authorizing subordinates to make certain decisions
- 2. relegation, categorization, categorisation, classification, compartmentalization, compartmentalisation, assortment
- usage: the act of assigning (someone or something) to a particular class or category
- 3. relegation, banishment, proscription
- usage: mild banishment; consignment to an inferior position; "he has been relegated to a post in Siberia"