Synonyms for religious
- 1. religious, religious person
- usage: a member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. religious, spiritual, sacred (vs. profane)
- usage: concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church; "religious texts"; "a member of a religious order"; "lords temporal and spiritual"; "spiritual leaders"; "spiritual songs"
- 2. religious (vs. irreligious), churchgoing, churchly, devout, god-fearing, interfaith, pious
- usage: having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity; "a religious man"; "religious attitude"
- 3. religious (vs. secular)
- usage: of or relating to clergy bound by monastic vows; "the religious or regular clergy conducts the service"
- 4. religious, scrupulous (vs. unscrupulous)
- usage: extremely scrupulous and conscientious; "religious in observing the rules of health"