Synonyms for remittal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. remittance, remittal, remission, remitment, payment
- usage: a payment of money sent to a person in another place
- 2. remission, remittal, subsidence, suspension, respite, reprieve, hiatus, abatement
- usage: an abatement in intensity or degree (as in the manifestations of a disease); "his cancer is in remission"
- 3. absolution, remission, remittal, remission of sin, redemption, salvation
- usage: the act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance