Synonyms for rendition
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rendition, rendering, performance, public presentation
- usage: a performance of a musical composition or a dramatic role etc.; "they heard a live rendition of three pieces by Schubert"
- 2. interpretation, interpreting, rendition, rendering, explanation
- usage: an explanation of something that is not immediately obvious; "the edict was subject to many interpretations"; "he annoyed us with his interpreting of parables"; "often imitations are extended to provide a more accurate rendition of the child's intended meaning"
- 3. rendition, persecution
- usage: handing over prisoners to countries where torture is allowed
- 4. rendition, rendering, interpretation, performance
- usage: the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance; "her rendition of Milton's verse was extraordinarily moving"