Synonyms for reprieve
- 1. reprieve, respite, relief, ease
- usage: a (temporary) relief from harm or discomfort
- 2. suspension, respite, reprieve, hiatus, abatement, interruption, break
- usage: an interruption in the intensity or amount of something
- 3. reprieve, warrant
- usage: a warrant granting postponement (usually to postpone the execution of the death sentence)
- 4. reprieve, respite, clemency, mercifulness, mercy
- usage: the act of reprieving; postponing or remitting punishment
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. reprieve, respite, postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off
- usage: postpone the punishment of a convicted criminal, such as an execution
- 2. reprieve, rescue, deliver
- usage: relieve temporarily