Synonyms for research
- 1. research, investigation, investigating
- usage: systematic investigation to establish facts
- 2. inquiry, enquiry, research, problem solving
- usage: a search for knowledge; "their pottery deserves more research than it has received"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. research, investigate, look into
- usage: attempt to find out in a systematically and scientific manner; "The student researched the history of that word"
- 2. research, search, explore, investigate, look into
- usage: inquire into; "the students had to research the history of the Second World War for their history project"; "He searched for information on his relatives on the web"; "Scientists are exploring the nature of consciousness"