Synonyms for resident
- 1. resident, occupant, occupier, inhabitant, habitant, dweller, denizen, indweller
- usage: someone who lives at a particular place for a prolonged period or who was born there
- 2. house physician, resident, resident physician, doctor, doc, physician, MD, Dr., medico
- usage: a physician (especially an intern) who lives in a hospital and cares for hospitalized patients under the supervision of the medical staff of the hospital; "the resident was receiving special clinical training at the hospital"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. resident (vs. nonresident)
- usage: living in a particular place; "resident aliens"
- 2. nonmigratory (vs. migratory), resident
- usage: used of animals that do not migrate