Synonyms for resistant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. immune, resistant, unsusceptible (vs. susceptible), insusceptible
- usage: relating to or conferring immunity (to disease or infection)
- 2. tolerant, resistant, tolerable (vs. intolerable)
- usage: able to tolerate environmental conditions or physiological stress; "the plant is tolerant of saltwater"; "these fish are quite tolerant as long as extremes of pH are avoided"; "the new hybrid is more resistant to drought"
- 3. resistant, impervious (vs. pervious), imperviable
- usage: impervious to being affected; "resistant to the effects of heat"; "resistant to persuasion"
- 4. insubordinate, resistant, resistive, defiant (vs. compliant), noncompliant
- usage: disposed to or engaged in defiance of established authority
- 5. repellent, resistant, nonabsorbent (vs. absorbent), nonabsorptive
- usage: incapable of absorbing or mixing with; "a water-repellent fabric"; "plastic highly resistant to steam and water"